Thursday, March 3, 2011

First Of All, And Last Of All, My Love

Light of my Life~

I am writing this for a very sad reason. As you know, at this point it seems that my life is drawing to its end, and that I probably do not have a great deal of time left in which to say all the many years worth of things that I would like to say to you.

Certainly I do not have the time left in which to do all the things that I would like to do with you. I wish with all my heart that I could be with you to see you grow into the man I know you will be, to see you reach all the milestones that you will reach, to cheer you on in all your accomplishments large and small, to celebrate with you all the joys you will experience, and to comfort you in the myriad of sorrows and confusions that litter the landscape of every life. But that is not to be.

Throughout your life we have held each other up in hard times, we have learned about the world and its myriad wonders, we have laughed and played together in good times and in bad. That time is coming to a close, and you will have to go on without my arms around you, and without my voice in your ear (the latter may not be an entirely negative thing for you, but I digress...)

I cannot make this parting of ways easier for either one of us. I am not leaving you voluntarily, and I know that you don't want me to go. But in this one thing, we have no choice. We have some choices about the manner in which we handle the parting, but parting there must be, at least in this life.

And so I am writing this, as a sort of savings account of words, stored up against your future need. I hope these words will be of some use and comfort as the years go on.

No comments: